WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS FROM NEW AUTHORS. WE WILL REOPEN SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR 2017 PUBLICATION SCHEDULE SOON.
Our Submission Guidelines
Publishers exist because authors exist. We need you, your passion, your stories. We are seeking submissions from authors who can hook us from the first page and keep us flipping until the end. We are seeking romance (a happily ever after, or happy for now is a must), and women’s fiction (where the ending isn’t as important as the heroine’s emotional journey). Romance authors we admire include Victoria Dahl, Samanthe Beck, Mary Ann Rivers, and Sarah Mayberry. Women’s fiction authors we love to read include Jodi Picoult, Barbara Delinsky, and Terry McMillan. And if there’s a little suspense mixed in, we also enjoy Elizabeth George, Tana French, and Julia Spencer-Fleming.
While we love new takes on tried and true tropes, we’re looking to give readers the books they’re always asking for. Do you write historical outside of Regency England, love urban settings, like complicated heroes and heroines with gnarly issues? Then we’d love to see your books.
We are seeking to acquire romantic and women’s fiction in the following sub-genres:
- Contemporary (all heat levels).
- Multi-cultural/Interracial/People of Color
- Romantic Suspense/Thrillers
- Young/New Adult
What you need to know about us before submitting:
- We are a publishing house with digital distribution. We will make print-on-demand available for all titles over 60,000 words. Retail distribution will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- We’re accepting both unagented and agented submissions.
- Unpublished authors please submit your finished MS only. Published authors may submit first three chapters with a synopsis. Please include your publishing history (under all pseudonyms).
- Please proofread your manuscript thoroughly.
- Our word counts are: 30,000 – 40,000 words for novellas; 55,000 – 100,000 words for full-length novels.
While we accept all heat levels, we are not an erotic publisher. The focus of the story must be the heroine’s journey (women’s fiction) or the romance.
- Multiple submissions are accepted. If you have more than one book you’d like to submit, please submit them separately.
- We love series. (Readers do as well). Please let us know if you have a series planned, or if your submission has series potential. We’re only interested in receiving the first book at this time, however.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but let us know that you’re submitting elsewhere. Please advise us if another publisher is interested in the book.
- Backlist titles and previously self-published work are welcome, but please indicate the book’s publishing history in your query.
- We aim for a quick turnaround. We know waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and wondering if your book went into a black hole is no fun. If you haven’t heard anything after eight weeks, send us an e-mail referencing your earlier submission.
If you think you have a book we’ll love, please consider the following:
- Please complete the form below. All responses are required.
- Your submission must be double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point, with one inch borders, submitted in MS Word (.doc and .docx welcome). Please title your book file: Submission_BookTitle_Author.
- Please submit your social media links, links to your website (if you have one), and your association affiliations (e.g. Romance Writers of America).
- If you have any difficulty with the form below, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not heard from us in four weeks, please submit a status update to the address above.
Please DO NOT submit any work that includes:
Rape, incest, pedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality, cruelty to animals, gay bashing, racial intolerance, sexual encounters with characters under the age of eighteen.
If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation of your submission, please check your spam folders or e-mail us.